Saturday, August 17, 2013

School is in Session.

Well we have officially started our homeschool journey. I covet your prayers as we do this. I am sure I have lots to learn and every day will not be easy. But after much prayers for months this kept staying on my mind. I believe we are accountable for our precious children in every aspect and pray that I can do her right. I am not perfect in any way and hope and pray that this will all go well and I can make the right decision. She is like a little sponge that soaks everything up. We didn't go full force this week but we both have learned this week. Monday morning I was so proud of her. She got up so well and dressed (early) and was ready to start. Tuesday she went with our church with my mom to the victory junction in Randleman NC.Victory Junction is a year-round camping facility that serves children, ages 6 to 16, with chronic medical conditions or serious illnesses. During the summer, Victory Junction offers disease-specific sessions with up to 128 children per session. I believe she enjoyed her time and of course they stopped and ate at the Crackle Barrel. We worked on school work that evening when she got home. We called it a Field trip day!
And another fun day on Thursday. Thanks to my mom we went to ZOO. It was wonderful to enjoy time as a family. The kids enjoyed their time and were for sure tired when we got home.!

Of course had to take a picture of the first day of school. I asked her to choose her school book of her favorite subject. Who could have guessed she would have chose reading as her favorite. Love her!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Have a good year. I am so excited for Gracie and the decision you and Jonathan made to homeschool Let me know how I can help.

Followers